Make a donation!

Liebster Award

Liebster-Award

What is the Liebster Award?

My blog was nominated the Liebster Award, which is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It allows you to get discovered, and to network with others. It's a good way to promote your own blog and other blogs you nominate.

A special thank you to: Rashi Gupta

I connected with Rashi several weeks ago. I checked out her blog and it struck a chord with me. In her about page, she says, "I am uniquely ordinary who loves to explore, explore life, explore world, explore people." I love reading things in which people can be honest with their readers, even if I may not agree. In one of her posts she talks about how criticism shouldn't affect you. I happen to agree! It's short and to the point. It reminds me of a writing project I'm working on, and how I receive criticism (helpful criticism!) on the content I write. She says criticism should "better a person or idea", and I couldn't agree more. Her blog has other interesting posts for your enjoyment!

Questions to answer from Rashi

1. Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging because I want to show other people the things I can do. I consider myself creative, and can't keep it to myself. I have multiple blogs, but this one highlights my photography. I love taking photographs and posting them here. I'll show anyone who wants to follow along.

2. When life pushes you down, how do you motivate yourself?

I always try to find the positive in things. If I fail at something, I tell myself "Ok, what did I learn?" And I'll replay the things I did wrong, and make an effort not to do them again. If I have a bad mental health day, I'll tell myself it's not my fault. I'll always combat whatever negativity life throws at me with positive energy, and/or find a solution.

3. What is the weirdest/craziest thing you’ve ever done?

The craziest thing I've ever done was get on a jet ski. I was excited and terrified. My boyfriend was the driver and I almost fell off, and got nauseous. But the point is that I did it! It was still very fun, but next time I'll ask to go a little slower. 😋

4. What would you do if you could drop all your responsibilities and problems?

I'd travel with my boyfriend. Hands down. I mean, we already made a list of places we want to travel to, but we have responsibilities right now. If nothing was stopping us, not even money, I'd be down to just travel and relax with him.

5. What is the best place you visited? How did you like it?

The best place I ever visited, so far, was Ketchikan, AL. It was cold up there, of course, but I visited my best friend and her family up there. But the scenery, and the coziness of being in a warm place while sipping hot chocolate, I'd do it all again. 

6. How did you like my blog? Any suggestions?

I kind of talked about it further up, but overall, it's great. My suggestions: A little more color. Maybe add a picture to the home page to make it more appealing to the eye. Your content is great, just more color. 
It's recommended (naturally) to pass the award along. So, here are seven blogs I liked the most and am nominating for the award:
  1. Kristal at Eclectickristal
  2. Vanessa at Journey to Leadership
  3. Natalie at Living a Library Life
  4. Emma at What she Styled
  5. Davina at Devotion - Epitome of Love
  6. Amanda at Mandamorgan
  7. Molly at The Midwest Blonde

 I have a few questions for you to answer

If you choose to accept the nomination, as part of the "rules", here are some questions for you I'd like for you to answer. They're easy, so don't worry!
  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. Do you think you'll change your niche at any point?
  3. What do you look for first when you check out a new blog?
  4. Is money important to you?
That's it! Congratulations to those I've nominated. Your blogs caught my eye, and there is real potential for you. I'm not going to claim to have awesome advice for any of you, because I don't. But what I will do is offer a listening ear. If you have feedback for me, get in contact with me. And if you want feedback, I'll give it to you. If you accept the nomination, keep it going, and nominate other bloggers. I enjoyed this, and I hope you do too!

Comments

Popular Posts